Friday, June 30, 2006

The big, empty room

Starting your own blog site is kind of like standing in the middle of a great big empty warehouse. Only there are no real dimensions. Just size. See, no one knows your here, so no one visits. I can just sit here and yell, 'Hello!' in every language I know (2). If I imagine that there are actually walls, then eventually I hear a faint echo, 'hello'. Or, if this hidden corner of cyberspace is limitless, then my voice just sounds lonely and muted. I can run around in circles, or pick my nose, and no one will even notice.



"Hey, watchiss!" I say, to no one in particular, as I hum the national anthem, while flicking my nostrils to make it sound like a ukulele. I don't get any applause.




Hmmm...




Well, I guess I'll just get out of here, then.








Uh, yeah, I'll just be going now....








.............. hmmm.















Uh, where's the door?

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Reminds me of Dr moriarty in a Star Trek TNG episode or movie (I can't remember which). I think the word you are looking for is "Arch!".

The Numbers Are In