Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Romney Takes the Lead

I found this tidbit of news a little interesting. I must admit that I have always been a little biased of Romney. As a Mormon, I would naturally like to see a fellow member living in the White House. I remember as a child, I thought Ronald Reagan must have been a Mormon. I haven't completely decided to endorse Romney... yet. I have been focusing more on my school work and less on the candidates. But in the little time I have devoted to the race, I have yet to find anything substantive that Republicans have found against Romney. I think he is doing a fine job overcoming the religion barrier. With that hurdle mostly gone, at least for the rest of the primaries, we can see more of his views and ideas about government. I must say, that so far I am impressed. I have no qualms with his explanation concerning his stance on abortion. While the timing appears a little suspect, he seems rather sincere about it.

What I really like about him is his success as a business leader and governor. His mannerisms are also such that I think he can rally people around him. He appears to have that charisma that draws people in. We need that right now. I think that of all the legitimate candidates out there right now, Romney would be the least divisive. In fact, I would go so far as to to predict that should he gain the White House, we might just have another Ronald Reagan.

I'm just sayin'...

1 comment:

Big Mac said...

Interesting... Speaking of Reagan. Have you picked up The Reagan Diaries yet. They are an awesome read...

The Numbers Are In