Friday, October 12, 2007

Top 1 Worst Music Poll

I certainly believe everyone has a right to his opinion. As my dearest says, however, opinions are like buttholes... everyone has one but no one really wants to see it.

Well, I found perhaps the biggest buttholes to ever grace the anals of music journalism. My guess is, these lists were comprised by a group of twenty-somethings, influenced by a thirty-something or two, who are are so shallow they make my spit look like the Atlantic Ocean. I mean, of all the songs ever written since the beginning of the recorded music, "Billy Jean"??! And let me just point out a few of the worst ever: Meat Loaf "I'd do Anything for Love", Simon and Garfunkel "The Sounds of Silence", Dan Fogelberg "Longer", Five for Fighting "Superman", "Ebony and Ivory", and, in case there is still any doubt as to my characterization of these "people", Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White, and Blue". In their immature blasting of the Honorable Mr. Keith, they proclaim the song "a fight anthem so vengeful it makes 'The Star-Spangled Banner' look like 'Give Peace a Chance'". Need I say more?

Anyway, I thought you might have fun perusing the lists while thanking God you're not half as dimwitted as these folks.

BTW, sorry I haven't been here to enlighten you as to truth and right. I have been rather taken up by school and earning a living and such.

4 comments:

MAE said...

Yea, but dude... those are some pretty awful songs. Maybe not in the history of mankind - they did leave off bands like GWAR and Megadeth. But still...

glen said...

WHAT! THE SOUNDS OF SILENCE? Were you never young?

Silence young man silence. or walk in ressless dreams by yourself.
FIL Dad

Elizabeth said...

I'd have to agree with them on the "Honorable Mr. Keith" this time. It was a pretty bad song and not quite the way I want people thinking about me, being from the south and all. doot da doot da doot...just my opinion though.

The Practicalist said...

There are a lot of these songs that I agree deserve the 'honor' of being on the list. But when you look at what else is on the list, and then find that Billy Jean is the greatest song ever recorded...

Well, I rest my case, your honor.

The Numbers Are In