Thursday, October 25, 2007

...and Wiser, too?

It's my birthday today. My sweetheart won't let me forget this sad reminder of my gradual demise. She even linked to me so all her blogger buddies could leave me birthday wishes. So I figured I'd better create a post to receive those greetings.

Turning another year is not so bad, though. Although my body is more than happy to comply with the requirements of aging, my mind still thinks I'm in my early 20's. It also thinks I still look as good (poor sap). I sometimes wish it was the other way -- a 37 year old mind in a 20-something year old body. Now wouldn't that be nice! I suppose I do have control over both situations (or I did, anyway). Had I properly nurtured both, I probably would have both.
But to think of all the buttery mashed potatoes, pumpkin pies, samoked ribs, pulled pork, homemade truffles, and Taco Bell I would have missed out on. I'm not doin' so bad, all things considered.

In any case, I am what I am. What a great thing to be! And if I say so myself, "Happy Everyday to me!"

(That is from a Dr. Seuss book, I believe it's "Oh, the Places You'll Go". That Dr. Seuss, That Dr. Seuss. I do so like that Dr. Seuss.)

10 comments:

Phae-Jae said...

!Happy birthday SAM-I-AM!

Phae-Jae said...

!It's your Birthday, Shake your booty!

mindyluwho said...

That Sam-I-Am, that Sam-I-Am
I do so like that Sam-I-Am

Happy Birthday from you Older, but Wiser Sis!

glen said...

I hope you start having aches and pains real soon, I bet you didn't have that belly at 20 years old. and how many people know I caught you in the bedroom floor with my perrty young daugther before you were married that SHOTGUN got yer attenion didn't it? any way you sorry good fer nuthing lowlifer I thank your a great son in law. so have a good birthday. Your father in law Glen

Yvonne said...

Happy Birthday pj's hubby. I laughed all the way through the part about your mind still thinking you are in your early 20's. (I laughed because I feel the same way) I know when I saw one of my sisters recently (and I hadn't seen her in about 8 years). I kept looking at her thinking "Wow, she looks old". But then I was chuckling thinking, she's probably looking at me thinking the same thing!!!

Anyway, enjoy the day!!! (I know you know this, but you've got a great wife!!!)

Elizabeth said...

Are you having a wonderful day yet??? It's not even lunchtime and you're plastered all over the internet. What a way to spend your day. Oh, how I do feel young, being the last one in our family still under 30. ahem...and I can say that for another year or two still. Anyhow, have a good time, enjoy your "youth" and don't fret too much on how how much you've aged. You looked like a model with your sporty hairdo.

Love you much,

your youngest sister. :P

Ramona said...

Happy Day SAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just think your almost outta school too!

Hope you have a great day and all your girls spoil you!

Mo

Phae-Jae said...

Um...Glen, That really doesn't sound good. REALLY bad visual there;)

We were watching TV, with the lights ON, and the door OPEN. You came in with a BB gun and told him he had to marry me. There, that cleans it up:)

glen said...

O K little girl all that is true and you were on the floor watching t v and it was a shotgun that has not been used in 25 years. Strange how a few details left out can change the story.
But thats what I wanted to do. in another year Sam would have torn that story up and had me faceing charges within 5 min.

Love you two alot I'm thankfull for him and how he as always treated you from the beginning.
Thanks Sam LOve dad

Brad Marston said...

Happy Birthday. Or as the Russians say..."You're one year closer to death...happy birthday.

Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

The Numbers Are In