Thursday, January 04, 2007

Odds N Ends

Wow! Christmas is past, the New Year has come and gone, the Hogs beat themselves in the Citrus (okay, okay "Capital One") Bowl, and I have been taking it easy. Obviously, with no blogs to show for my month long vacation, I haven't been paying much attention to the world. Just enjoying my family and exploring some of the things I hadn't much time for during the past six months. I tell you, it is nice to do that every and then. I kind of feel retired.

But, life's fixing to start up again.

I haven't gotten any responses to my last post, so I assume I must be on the right track.

Democrats have taken over again. Big woop. Take a look at this link. I think it about sums up what we can expect. Someone at work (not a liberal, he says, because that is a label and not very accurate) was talking about when the Republicans controlled Congress. I just had to laugh. I really don't remember that they ever really "controlled." Sure, they might have had the majority in both houses, but they never really knew how to control. Maybe they tried, I'll give them that, but come on... think "filibuster". Now the Dems are swearing that they will extend the invitation to "work together." I wonder if they each sat in front of the mirror in the bathroom and practiced saying those two words over and over again until they could maintain a straight face.

My interests right now are actually more towards smoking. I like it. I am hoping to get to do it more often. Ohhh, the flavor, the relaxing on the porch. Yep. I wanna be a smoker. So, after a couple of failed attempts, I have decided to get help. Now, I think I can do it. My wife is pretty supportive of it, too. She likes the flavor. Of course, I need to get some better stuff. I've been upgrading some, working on a homemade lighter, figuring out how to best maintain the perfect smoke. I have found a support group, and expect to soon be smoking with the best of them.

Thanks for tuning in. I'll keep in touch.

2 comments:

mindyluwho said...

You'll have to get together with Jeff and do some smokin'. He did a bit over Christmas and plans to keep up the practice as well. I'm not particularly fond of the flavor he uses, it's a little fishy for me...kind of like those fishy smells that keep coming out of Congress...

mindyluwho said...

Interesting article on the ethics of Congress. I like what Mark Twain had to say:

"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

The Numbers Are In