Saturday, March 24, 2007

Mmmmm....mmmmmmm.....mmmmmm

I just finished up another samokin' barbecue. I found an awesome deal on ribs, so I fixed up some ribs...lots and lots of ribs. Too many ribs (is there such a thing?). I had actually smoked some ribs last month, and man oh man, I had never had ribs like those! Excellent flavor, perfect smoke, good rub, and talk about tender. We didn't have to gnaw any of the meat off the bones. I thought I could do it again. Some turned out that tender, the others weren't bad. The flavor was AWESOME!

I've got pictures around here somewhere. I'll post some as soon as I can figure out how.

Anyway, I have been playing around with some other recipes. I made something today that the girls actually wanted seconds! Seconds, I say. When that happens, I know I've done something right. I usually get the "I don't like onions (or tomatoes, or meat, or frog tongues)." But today, I started making nachos, but then started playing around and wound up with something much better. Here goes...

Start with beef. Mix in some "Cheesy Nacho Mix" and a can of refried beans. Then crush corn chips all over the bottom of a small casserole dish. Spread shredded cheddar over the chips, then plop-spread half of the bean/meat mix around over the cheese. Drain a can of Mexican style stewed tomatoes, and spread half of it around. Then cut up half a block of cream cheese, and plop it all around over the mess. Throw in a few black olives if you want. Then crush some more chips, more cheese, more mix, more tomatoes, more olives, the rest of the cream cheese, and more cheddar. I didn't have any green chiles or I would have spread them over the top. Toss it in the oven on about 450 for about 15 minutes, or until the cheese starts to brown. Serve it with salsa, maybe some chopped tomatoes and lettuce. Good stuff.

2 comments:

Mike Thomas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike Thomas said...

Man...still looks so good. I'll have to get BBQ'in this weekend. You;ve inspired me. Thanks for the visit, I'll be looking in now and then for delicious food pictures!

The Numbers Are In