Friday, February 23, 2007

Oh, The Places I've Been!

OK. I have had a number of jobs, I know. I tried to make a list once, but I ran off the paper, and kept having to insert here and there, so I just gave up. My wife and her friends like to rub it in, and I probably deserve it all.
So then I get curious about this Google search thing. I decided to google "sam eastman". It turns out, in addition to my extensive resume, I have forayed into areas unknown. I dabbled once as a muscular, rugged American soldier of fortune mercenary; a doctor on "The Lloyd Bridges Show"; an ensign on the USS Miranda; a British "football" player; a school teacher; a gay writer; a member of the hard rock band, Irish Lion; a founding member of the fire brigade at La Habra Heights; and a passenger train engineer (boy, have I got a story to tell you).

I enjoyed my time as an environmental researcher; a fly fisherman; an advertising attorney? (I thought this whole law school thing seemed a bit too familiar); chairman of a Federal labor camp (see p. 36, I am a "magnificent appearing man" who could never read nor write); and a singer.

I even spent a few years playing hockey for the New Jersey Devils, where I made the all-stars (but who's bragging?).


While I found some great friends as a student at London Central High School in England, perhaps my most memorable experience was as a
honeymooner at Niagara Falls with my wonderful wife MargaretSam & Margaret Eastman on their honeymoon in Niagara Falls (my grandparents) (Isn't she a doll? We had such a good time there).

It turns out I also own some property over in Salinas, CA. Mindyluhu, I wonder if you could go check on that land for me.

Yes, folks. Life has been good. It has been full and exciting. But most of all, I have lived the dream(s).

3 comments:

mindyluwho said...

Provided I get half of whatever it is...

ah hem Sam, half of those sites I tried to click on were blocked by my parental control blocker...I'm beginning to wonder about you and all your odd jobs!

Phae-Jae said...

Hey whatever pays the bills!

Iyamwhatiyam said...

Ok I can one up you I am 35 years old and got a invitation to who's whos' among outstanding students in america in the letter it states "as a middle school child Scott is encoutering new challenges and opportunities"so top that samiam

The Numbers Are In