Tuesday, June 05, 2007

I FOUND IT!!!!!

Do you hear that? If not, hold on, you might just be slow. (If you still can't hear it, hit Refresh... or turn on your speakers. Or, you might just have to scroll to the bottom to get it to start playing... but then come back here, and enjoy.)

Hear it now? OK, good.

That, my friends, is satisfaction. Sweet, sad, soft satisfaction. That is the pinnacle of a quest which has lasted me for more than a quarter of a century.


Just listen...




Ahhhhhhhhh......





In case you're a little perplexed as to why this is such a special moment, let me reference you to an earlier post. HOLD ON. Wait until the song is over. You just can't interrupt a classic such as this.


(wait...)





(wait...)





(wait...)





OK. Now. (Come back when you are done.)



Almost exactly what had been running thru my head all these years, except I just couldn't remember all the words. So sweet and melodic, and sad, sad, sad.

Thank you for sharing this moment with me.

Now, if you'll scroll down to the bottom of the page, you will see a green box. These are just some other old faves. They brought me joy throughout the years. Feel free to click on any of them at any time.

When I was a wee one, I think the first radio song I ever learned to sing was "Seasons in the Sun". Again, here it is, in all its ballad-ical glory.

2 comments:

MAE said...

That song about Robin Hood has been in my head for years too. Good call.

Elizabeth said...

My Ding-A-Ling. This is the song I remember Mom singing to us all the time.
I also remember when she sang The Wedding Song. She would practice it over and over at home and I loved everytime she did. I forgot about that until today. Thank you.

The Numbers Are In