Monday, February 04, 2008

Shut Up, Huck

Let me retract a statement I made a while back. I once said that I was somewhat comfortable with any of the Republican candidates. Well...

Huck is a whiner. Huck is vying for that VP spot. Huck is a religious bigot. Huck knows he has no chance of winning, but he also knows that so long as he is in the race, no Mormon will get the nod. Huck is disingenuous. So is McCain, for that matter. "Oh" they cry, "Romney is spending millions of dollars on attack ads." Well, for starters, if having your record highlighted is a negative thing, then maybe you should reconsider your record. Second, Mitt doesn't have the luxury of free media time to speak negatively of his opponents. Those two don't need to spend the money, all they have to do is say "I have decided to not go negative. And to prove it, here is a negative ad I would have used. Go ahead and take a look at it, and feel free to write about it." Or "Romney is so mean." Or "Romney is a Mormon."

I used to think McCain was a straight shooter and a real stand up guy. I do not think that anymore. McCain is a bitter, arrogant, crusty old man who will say anything to get the vote. But I do not trust him, and I do not like him.

I used to defend Huckabee here in Arkansas. But he is a disingenuous, mean-spirited populist who does not understand that freedom comes from a more strict adherence to the Constitution and ideals that founded this nation. He refuses to place his own ambitions above conservative ideals.

I am not sure what Super Tuesday will produce. I am holding out for a miracle.
But I am embracing for an embarrassingly disappointing presidential race.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Uh, I guess you embraced pretty hard for the embarrassingly disappoining presidential race! So, what do we do now?!?!

ps...you should read my venting as well!

The Numbers Are In