Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I've been made

Every now and then I like to look thru my sitemeter to see if anyone other than my usual following could possibly have any interest in what I have to say. Generally, this blog is accessed thru my wife's blog, or by the two or three family members who even know it exists. Occasionally, I find that someone from somewhere I've never heard of is accessing the blog. "Welcome!"

But the most intriguing access is the one that came from a Google search. Someone apparently googled "sam eastman arkansas". Two things came to mind: 'uh-oh' and 'cool!'

'Uh-oh'... Who? Why? I mean, that is a pretty specific search. Wait a minute, I know what it is. At the beginning of the school year, I ran for the Honor Code Review Board. I'll bet one of my opponents was trying to dig up dirt on me. So now I have had to change my profile so my name is no longer associated with this blog. That way, no one will know that, by day, I am a mild-mannered college student, while by night (well, at least once or twice a month) I am a champion of all things practical.

On the "cool" side, however, I am a fictional character in a book somewhere.

1 comment:

mindyluwho said...

It's an interesting experience to google your own name. Mine didn't elicit anything too exciting, but the book I found you in Sam...well, let's just say it was more "hot and steamy" than "cool"!

The Numbers Are In