Monday, July 09, 2007

One Word

Honor.

A value not taken by oneself, but bestowed upon one by those whose respect one has earned.

He served with honor. A United States Marine.

Earned from those who trained him, those who trained with him, those who served with him, and those whom he has served, this value is one which we who have watched him grow, have placed on him and which is now rightfully his.

As he enters this next stage of life, may he learn the strength of this value, not so much as the one who possesses it, but as one who bestows it upon another.

I am honored to be called his brother. I am privileged to call him brother.

Best Wishes!

2 comments:

glen said...

I pray Ben will be as great a Husband and Father as his brother Sam.
I know he will.

Elizabeth said...

I am also proud to call him my brother and know he will make an excellent husband and devote as much time to this marriage as he has to his country.

The Numbers Are In