Thursday, October 02, 2008

Save My Stock!

A long time ago, I enrolled in my company's stock purchase plan and wound up with a few shares of American General stock at a pretty good price. After I sold a few to pay for Christmas, AG sold out to AIG. I get a check every few months for about $0.52. As you know, AIG has been making headlines lately. I am, like most Americans, very concerned about my underfunded, and now underperforming, retirement plan. That is why I support this $700- excuse me $815 BILLION bailout plan. Because, see, 52 cents every few months is just inexcusable. I remember the good old days when I saw 54 cent paychecks. If these things get any lower, I am afraid it will start costing me more in food to replenish the energy exhausted in walking across the street to deposit these in the bank than the check is even worth. So, I say to my congressmen and woman, if funding the effect of 1/2 degree climate change on the reproduction habits of dust mites is what it takes to get this thing thru the House, then let's do it. For the good of the country, er, economy, er, Wall Street, er... aw heck, just save my fledgling little nest egg!

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Hey Have you seen this yet
http://vids.eonline.com/services/
link/bcpid1396519019/bctid1830029460

The Numbers Are In