Sunday, August 05, 2007

Art to Art

This is FANTASTIC! You have got to check this guy out.

I like art, but am often disappointed at what passes for art. Too often, it is merely a statement, often rebellious in nature, or static. What I seldom tire of, however, is watching it be created.

I was the cartoonist on my high school newspaper. I dabbled in art over the years, studied graphic design, made a few t-shirts and designed awards. I now play around with graphic design, but can only dream of making a creation that has any artistic merit. Mine usually get the "That looks pretty cool" or "yeah, that's cute". I get a few accolades now and then. But this guy is a visionary. He can look at the blank canvas, know what he wants to draw out of it, and then enjoy the ride.

No comments:

The Numbers Are In