Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Perfect Timing

I love cell phones. I just don't like mine. The pictures are basically blue and white, and if you squint just right, you can sort of see Elvis. My cell phone likes to do things on its own, like run out of juice in the middle of the day, and freeze up when you turn it on. Most annoying, though, is it's nefarious trick I like to call (for lack of a better term) "switch-off-silent-mode-when-you're-not-looking".

This is a pretty cool trick, I must admit. Yesterday, my professor was going on about when one can or cannot take an immediate appeal before all judgments are final at the trial court level. He paused to see if we had any questions. Of course, we all kept our questions to ourselves, so he said, "OK, then. I'll move on."

Suddenly, at that very moment, the angels sang. "HALLelujah! HALLelujah! Hallelujah, Hallelujah, HalLEeeeelujah!"

My wife was calling.

Love those ringtones!

3 comments:

Ramona said...

Classic! Just Classic!

Unknown said...

That is too funny!

Mel said...

I hate it when that happens...although it is pretty darn funny happening to you!!!
Melissa

The Numbers Are In