Friday, September 14, 2007

Who to Listen to?

OK, like, once there was a politician, an "independent" analyst, and a four star general, and a genie. Well, no genie. But the others were there. So, OK, like, they are prognosticating over the success of, like, this war, right?

The politician says, "Like, I was against it from the beginning, so you should, y'know, listen to my analysis."


The "independent" analyst says, "Like, I am getting paid for my analysis, so like, there is no bias in my analysis, yo."



And the four star general says,









"No one is more conscious of the loss of life than the commander of the forces. That is something I take and feel very deeply. And if I did not think that this was a hugely important endeavor, and if I did not think that it was an endeavor in which we could succeed, I would not have testified as I did to you all here today."

You decide who has more credibility.

6 comments:

Brad Marston said...

Just a quick visit to say hello. I have missed reading your stuff this summer and am so glad to be back.

shoprat said...

I'll believe the one who puts his life on the line.

Anonymous said...

I also believe the General. His assessment wasn't biased, he gave the good news, bad news, and admitted to what he didn't know.

The truth is, we had no idea how the Iraqi people, military, and police would act after we went in. They obviously didn't act as we thought they would, and we were not prepared to deal with this. Now, finally, I think we have a winning strategy. We must stick with it and give it a chance. It's late, but maybe not too late.

Thanks for the kind words at Right Truth. Come visit again. The more opinions the better.

Anonymous said...

Just noticed you are from Arkansas. Hi neighbor. I'm in Tennessee. You have four daughters, wife, and happy. God is good.

mindyluwho said...

I love that quote. It makes me think of General Washington when he was having his frustrations with Congress. It's a totally different perspective from the frontlines as opposed to the comfy seat in Congress.

The Practicalist said...

Unfortunately, this statement was buried down in the bottom of long report in one or two newspapers. I read it in print, but couldn't remember which newspaper. When I went online to find it, it took 10 minutes. It is my opinion that this deserved at least a sound bite on every news hour across the nation. It choked me up the first time I came across it, and it still chokes me up every time I read it.

Of all the pundits, analysts, politicians, and talking heads, no one has as pure creditility as the man whose sole responsibility is to execute this war to its fullest with the least number of lives lost. He is not paid solely for his opinion, nor does he have incentive to be reelected or maintain his office.

The Numbers Are In